WHO CAN APPLY
We will consider applications from anyone between the age of 18 and 35 years old who has initiated a restoration project in any of the following ecosystems: forest, mountains, oceans, peatlands/wetlands, drylands/rangelands. Applicants must understand and be willing to adhere to and model the GLF vision, pillars and values.
We will give priority to projects that are:
- Run by a person or a group of young people who are either local, Indigenous or nationals of the country in which the restoration project operates;
- Already in the early development stage and have been running for a minimum of one year.
Note that you do not necessarily have to create a new project from scratch to be eligible; you can also build on any activities you are already running.
Project selection is a competitive process, and as such, the application will require some preparation. When you apply, you will be asked the following questions (make sure to prepare your answers in advance!):
- What experience do you have that’s related to restoration? (200 words)
- Prepare a one-minute video of yourself, in which you tell us why you would like to be a Restoration Steward. To share the video, either post it to your Facebook or Twitter account, tagging the Global Landscapes Forum (@GlobalLF) and using the #generationrestoration hashtag, or use an unlisted Youtube or Google Drive link. If you share your video via social media, please make sure to add the link to your post in the application.
About your project:
- Please make sure to have a name for your project.
- Prepare a description of the landscape you are working on: Why are you working on it, what is its current status, and what environmental and social problems have you encountered? What are the drivers of degradation (if any), and who are key stakeholders? (500 words).
- Please describe your project. What does it aim to do? Share with us what the project is about, and what are its objectives and impact (500-1000 words).
- Prepare a document (word or PDF) with an overview of the activities that will be founded by the Restoration Stewards program, including a timeline and indicators.
- Please explain how you will implement a landscape approach and ensure different elements and stakeholders of the ecosystem you are working in are taken into account (300 words).
- Prepare a 200-word paragraph answering the following question: If you become a Restoration Steward, where do you see your project in a year’s time after completing the Restoration Stewards program?”
- Prepare a one-page PDF or Word document with a breakdown description of how you intend to use the stipend.
- Provide a picture of your project area.
Are you eligible?
Applications for the 2023 Restoration Stewards are now closed.
Anna Bucci: email@example.com
GLF Youth Coordinator